Opinion AM is an independent news and opinion blog. We are not affiliated with any government or institution.
What kind of data do we collect and for what purpose?
- Personal information you want to share: Name and surname, alias, gender, marital status, date of birth, personal website and location that you declare.
This information is provided by the user and under no circumstances are we responsible for the veracity of it.
- Location and data of the device you use to connect (IP address, screen resolution, operating system).
Purpose: For security reasons every time you connect to the community we check your IP, if a user unsuccessfully tries to connect from an IP repeatedly, that address is blocked for a period of 15 min, if after that time the repeated action will be blocked for a longer period of time, this is done to protect user passwords against brute force attacks. The characteristics of the devices (screen resolution and operating system) are used to improve the user experience, so we show you a page optimized for your device and available connection speed.
- Pages visited: Your browsing within our community is monitored by a third party, Google Analytics ( https://analytics.google.com ). It monitors which pages you visit, how long you stay on it, date, time, and the referrer URL of the request.
Purpose: The reason is to identify the areas of areas with little interest and, on the other hand, the areas and topics preferred by users to enhance the content in these sections. This information allows us to improve the quality of service by identifying peak hours, the number of concurrent users and the time it takes to load the page on your device. We may also show you personalized ads based on your interests.
How long will we keep your personal data?
- Your data will remain in our database for as long as you are registered on our site, the moment you delete your account, all your data will be permanently deleted. We will not keep any of your data after that date.
What do we not do?
- We don’t show you personalized ads based on sensitive categories, such as race, religion, sexual orientation, or health.
- We do not share personally identifiable information (such as your name or email address, gender, marital status, or other) with third parties or entities.
What can we do with your information?
- We use the information we collect, such as your name, phone and email address, to interact directly with you. For example, we may send you a notification if we detect any suspicious activity, such as repeated failed login attempts to your account.
- We can also inform you of upcoming changes or improvements to our site.
- Inform you of the new content of possible interest recently published.